The new SR3L-i rally cross block has even more upgrades over the standard S3L-i. Those improvements come at a small cost of only being able to run race fuel (or E85) in these engines. One of the first items of change was to strengthen the long rods to handle even more power in cases where a GTX30R turbocharger is just not big enough. Other improvements include improving the strength, efficiency and responsiveness of the valves and springs in order to run higher RPMs at higher power levels without sacrificing low end torque.
These professional techniques have put Crawford Performance at the forefront of Subaru performance. With over 30 years of professional racing experience, CP has brought the racing world’s goods within reach of all our clients at a fraction of the cost.
This block has become the a force in rally cross, surpassing teams such as Ford, Subaru of America and Hyundai. This package was created to win at the track, no exceptions and it has been proven over and over again in doing so. The SR3L-i was purpose-built for time attack and rally cross venues.
The Race-Prepped heads are a great addition to to an already stout package, improving air flow on restricted engines, due to race rules. With the flow improving throttle response, low end torque and overall airflow throughout the powerband, this helps in extreme cases, where every millisecond matters.
SR3L – Race Short Block:
- New 2.5-Liter Semi-Closed Turbo Block
- New Subaru STI Forged and Treated Crank
- New STI High Performance Piston Rings
- New Billet I Beam Long Rods
- CP-Designed Forged JE Pistons
- CP-Designed Case Hardened and Heat Treated Wrist Pins
- Professionally Balanced and Assembled
- New Subaru STI 3-Layer Stainless Steel Head Gaskets
- New Subaru STI High-Flow Oil Pump
- New Subaru STI Exhaust Gaskets
- New Subaru STI Intake Gaskets
- New One Step Colder NGK Iridium Spark Plugs
- CP-Designed ARP High Performance Head Studs
- Record setting, track proven, dyno tested race heads
- Custom hand-ported and polished heads
- New Subaru OEM castings
- 5-Angle Intake Valve Job
- 5-Angle & radiused Exhaust Valve Job
- Inconel Exhaust Valves (2,400 degrees maximum)
- Stainless Steel Intake Valves (1,800 degrees maximum)
- 4130 Chromely Retainers
- High Power / High Torque Performance Valve Springs
- Hardened Steel Spring Platforms
- All heads are serialized
Stephan Verdier 2011 Season Results
- Podium each event of the first year of Global Rally Cross
- Competition included Tanner Foust & Marcus Gronholm in the Ford Factory Rally Team, Rhys Millen in the Hyundai Factory Rally Team and Dave Mirra in the Subaru Factory Rally Team.
- Passed Marcus Gronholm on the outside in the first Global RallyCross Event held Southern California, 2011
- In Car video - Stephan Verdier